Ajrak Block Printed Jade & Indigo Stole / Shawl for Women
This is a beautiful hand block printed mashru stole made in Ajrakhpur, Gujarat. Mashru is a silk and cotton blend fabric with a satin-like finish. This artsy stole showcases the classic Ajrak technique in all its glory.
Ajrak is a block printed textile that is resist-dyed using natural colors, including indigo and madder. It is distinguished by its color - blue with red - and its complex geometric and floral patterns. Its name is derived from 'azarak' or 'blue' in Arabic and Persian. Ajrak is a legacy. It takes skill and patience to make it. There are between 14-16 different stages of dyeing and printing, which take 14-21 days to complete. The resulting cloth is soft against the skin and jewel-like in appearance, pleasing to touch and appealing to the eye.
- Mashru: Silk and cotton blend
- Care description: Hand wash separately in cold water, with gentle soap. The color may bleed in the first few washes
- Production method: Block Printing
- Length: 82.7 inch
- Breadth: 22 inch
- Disclaimer: This is a hand block printed product. Natural variations in print and color add to the authenticity and beauty of the offering, since each product is unique, made one at a time
- Pack contents: 1 unit of Stole